Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gift Closet

Photo Credit: Mistral Soaps website



Colin Cowie is one of my favorite party planners/design gurus. I have used several of his ideas while planning parties. One of the absolute favorite hints/tips from him is the gift closet. The gift closet doesn't necessarily have to be a closet. It can be a drawer, a box or just one shelf. Basically, it holds goodies  you can give as hostess gifts when visiting friends, impromptu Christmas  and/or birthday gifts, etc. Mine has candles, notecards, soaps, picture frames, wine markers, etc. I think of my friends as I am purchasing the items so that they  are still somewhat personalized. It beats having to run around trying to find something to take when visiting friends. I usually buy my items on trips to TJ Maxx or HomeGoods.  The bad thing is I usually end up buying two of an item. You know - one for them and one for me - LOL. You can group several items together and create a gift basket should you need a bigger gift.  Be sure to keep wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper stocked in or near your closet as well. I also keep small blank gift cards in my closet.

We don't have kids, but I also have a kids shelf for my two youngest niece and nephew. It's filled with crayons, coloring books, bubbles, stickers, blocks, etc. The kids LOVE it.

Do you have a gift closet? I'd love to hear what you store in yours and where you find your items.

Don't forget to enter the Under Construction Give Away here. Only a few days left to register!

4 comments:

Linh @ La-La Linh said...

I don't have a gift closet, BUT when we have guests, I like to stock their room/bathroom as if they were at a hotel w/ all the traveler size hygiene necessities. My hubby and I used to travel a lot and have so many of them left over so I may package it up like a small gift basket for their stay and our guests love it.
-linh

Anonymous said...

Linh - I love that idea!

Erika

Yelena Starikova said...

Great Idea!!! thanks for sharing!

Im your new follower!

AllGlamThings

Erika Gregory said...

Thanks, Yelena! Welcome aboard......
Erika

Followers of elements of my life

Powered by Blogger.