Wednesday, July 20, 2011
|Photo Credit: Mistral Soaps website|
Colin Cowie is one of my favorite party planners/design gurus. I have used several of his ideas while planning parties. One of the absolute favorite hints/tips from him is the gift closet. The gift closet doesn't necessarily have to be a closet. It can be a drawer, a box or just one shelf. Basically, it holds goodies you can give as hostess gifts when visiting friends, impromptu Christmas and/or birthday gifts, etc. Mine has candles, notecards, soaps, picture frames, wine markers, etc. I think of my friends as I am purchasing the items so that they are still somewhat personalized. It beats having to run around trying to find something to take when visiting friends. I usually buy my items on trips to TJ Maxx or HomeGoods. The bad thing is I usually end up buying two of an item. You know - one for them and one for me - LOL. You can group several items together and create a gift basket should you need a bigger gift. Be sure to keep wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper stocked in or near your closet as well. I also keep small blank gift cards in my closet.
We don't have kids, but I also have a kids shelf for my two youngest niece and nephew. It's filled with crayons, coloring books, bubbles, stickers, blocks, etc. The kids LOVE it.
Do you have a gift closet? I'd love to hear what you store in yours and where you find your items.
Don't forget to enter the Under Construction Give Away here. Only a few days left to register!
- Erika Gregory
- Hello and welcome to my blog. I LOVE the Lord, my family - husband and two yorkies, my extended family (mom, sisters, nieces and nephews and in-laws - heck everyone) cooking,home decor, travel, fashion and reading. I work in accounting by day and this is the perfect outlet for my creative side. I hope you enjoy what you read and will leave a comment or two!
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
food (13) Stylin' Saturday (12) Sunday Scripture (12) Tory Burch (10) What's Happening in Indy Wednesday (10) fashion (9) Happy Birthday (7) Girls Dinner Club (5) Travel Thursday (5) Williams Sonoma (5) Crate and Barrel (4) Fashion's Night Out (4) Spa treatments (4) Banana Republic (3) FNO Indy (3) Give Away (3) What's in my bag (3) Devour Downtown Indianapolis 2011 (2) Earth Day 2011 (2) Vegas (2) fall fashion 2011 (2) Animal Print (1) Devour Downtown Indianapolis 2012 (1) Earth Day Indiana Free Outdoor Festival (1) Fall nail colors (1)
- ► 2012 (128)
- Letters from Home
- Stylin' Saturday - Tory Burch
- Real Things.......
- Friday Fave - Trader Joe's
- Travel Thursday - Las Vegas
- Cincy Trip
- Zest! Exciting Food Creations
- Pink Love
- Indy Film Fest
- Friday Fave - Free to Be Bohemian me.....
- Williams- Sonoma Giveaway from Breakfast at Toast ...
- Travel Thursday - Phoenix
- Gift Closet
- Jo Malone Home Fragrance
- What's Happening in Indy ........ and a Great give...
- Stylin' Saturday - Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Friday Fave - Water
- Travel Thursday - Old San Juan
- Suzy Homemaker - That's me......
- What's Happening in Indy ......
- Tasty Tuesday - Fondue
- Moroccan Oil
- Nail Love.....
- Stylin' Saturday....
- The Donut Vault
- Friday Faves - from my kitchen
- The Love Boat
- Tasty Tuesday - Patachou
- Friday Fave - Closet Space
- ▼ July (31)