Monday, August 19, 2013
The winner of my Stella and Dot Julep bracelet is:
Congrats, Liz! Please email your shipping address & favorite color julep bracelet to me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2013-08-19 12:38:39 UTC
Thanks to everyone for entering! Stay tuned for more give aways very soon.................
I think I have always been the type to go to bed early and wake early. There is something about the brightness of a new day that I love. All of the new possibilities for the day - just waiting for me.
I know that not everyone is a morning person. So, I got to thinking - What would be some things that may get a person moving in the morning?
- This Good Morning, Beautiful mug is so cute. Who wouldn't want to wake up and have a cup of joe in this?
- My new favorite coffee drink is a latte with whip. No flavors. I am going to miss having a Starbuck's in my building.
- Chocolate croissants. I first had one while we were in NYC. The second one I had was in a little French pastry shop in Paris. Both were heavenly! Hopefully, you have a great bakery near you that serves chocolate croissants.
- Omelets - love, love, love an egg white omelet. My fave items to put in my omelet? Onions, green pepper, mushrooms, chicken and cheese. Awwwww......................
- Breakfast at Tiffany's. This doesn't happen nearly enough - lol. On our first trip to NYC, my husband grabbed some pastries and coffee and we headed to Tiffany's. Mind you, it was 9AM and the store wasn't open, but we were able to walk around and have our goodies.
What gets you up in the morning?
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Saturday, August 10, 2013
IPad Love by eegrego160 featuring a comic book
If you have an iPad, what type of case do you use? I have lately been using one like the red one above. My iPad slides in , but that is all the protection it has. I'm not too crazy about this option. I prefer the ones That hold your iPad like a book.
Which one is your favorite?
Monday, August 5, 2013
It seems like forever that I actually read a book of fiction. In fact, it has been forever. I think the last fiction book I read was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. That was a great book. I didn't even read the end of the book first this time. That is a major accomplishment for me.
Anyway, I am ready to start reading again. I think I found one - The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison.
Ann Lamont (author of The Help) calls it this summer's Gone Girl. Well, that certainly peaked my interest. She says that she gobbled it down in one sitting.
I don't think I have ever done that. Only because I tend to fall asleep reading.
Here is a brief synopsis from Good Reads:
A chilling psychological thriller about a marriage, a way of life, and how far one woman will go to keep what is rightfully hers
Jodi and Todd are at a bad place in their marriage. Much is at stake, including the affluent life they lead in their beautiful waterfront condo in Chicago, as she, the killer, and he, the victim, rush haplessly toward the main event. He is a committed cheater. She lives and breathes denial. He exists in dual worlds. She likes to settle scores. He decides to play for keeps. She has nothing left to lose. Told in alternating voices, The Silent Wife is about a marriage in the throes of dissolution, a couple headed for catastrophe, concessions that can’t be made, and promises that won’t be kept. Expertly plotted and reminiscent of Gone Girl and These Things Hidden, The Silent Wife ensnares the reader from page one and does not let go.
What are you reading? I'd love to know.......
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Here is your chance to win all of the benefits of being a stella & dot hostess! Details:
Every person who orders (regardless of purchase amount) will be entered to win a $20 gift certificate towards a future order. For every $30 you spend you get entered to win the Hostess Rewards!!! This is typically a $250-$300 value in FREE jewelry, and you will earn the opportunity to shop at 50% off. This includes in person or online orders! As an added bonus, August Hostess' will receive an additional $50 to spend on product! Place your orders soon and be entered to win!
Orders must be completed by August 10th to be eligible.
You must order from this link - Mystery Hostess.
There is little else better than homegrown food. My sister's in-laws have a huge garden and they are very generous in sharing their bounty with us.
We have been the grateful recipients of canned green beans, canned tomato mixture,
I almost didn't want to cut them because they were so beautiful! They were also huge.
I decided to keep it simple and just roast the eggplant. It was so simple:
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees
- Make a mixture of olive oil, basil, oregano, sea salt and pepper
- Line a baking sheet (I like parchment paper)
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2 slices
- Lightly coat each side with the olive oil mixture - using a pastry brush
- Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. You must turn every 10 minutes.
Depending on how thick your slices are, you have have to adjust your cooking time.
This was THE best eggplant dish I have ever had. Simple and delicious. You can also change the seasonings you use. Just be sure to LIGHTLY coat each side.
Homegrown food is so much better - no chemicals tainting the taste. Next up? Corn, tomato, green pepper and more eggplant. Thanks to the V's for being so generous!
- Erika Gregory
- Hello and welcome to my blog. I LOVE the Lord, my family - husband and two yorkies, my extended family (mom, sisters, nieces and nephews and in-laws - heck everyone) cooking,home decor, travel, fashion and reading. I work in accounting by day and this is the perfect outlet for my creative side. I hope you enjoy what you read and will leave a comment or two!
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday Scripture (13) food (13) Stylin' Saturday (12) Tory Burch (11) fashion (11) What's Happening in Indy Wednesday (10) Happy Birthday (7) Girls Dinner Club (5) Travel Thursday (5) Williams Sonoma (5) Crate and Barrel (4) Fashion's Night Out (4) Spa treatments (4) Banana Republic (3) FNO Indy (3) Give Away (3) What's in my bag (3) Devour Downtown Indianapolis 2011 (2) Earth Day 2011 (2) Vegas (2) fall fashion 2011 (2) Animal Print (1) Devour Downtown Indianapolis 2012 (1) Earth Day Indiana Free Outdoor Festival (1) Fall nail colors (1)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (14)
- May (17)
- April (15)
- March (29)
- February (17)
- January (7)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (21)
- September (16)
- August (22)
- July (21)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (3)
- March (6)
- February (12)
- January (1)